Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Southwest Las Vegas understands that we have a lot of snow birds here in the area. SERVPRO also understands that the extremely hot temperatures can cause pipes to bust and temperatures in the winter can cause pipes to burst as well. Really, no season is a safe season here in Las Vegas. Our marketers and staff work with a variety of insurance companies and we are always educating them as well as their customers on a few tips when they decide to leave the area for an extended amount of time. A quick tip for those that fit this scenario is to turn your water off to the house when leaving for an extended period of time, also have a neighbor, friend or family member check the property from time to time. By following these tips homeowners can feel safe while away from home.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (702) 436-2555
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.