Ideas on what to do when you have water damage
Water losses can happen at any time of the day and in some cases all hours of the night. Luckily SERVPRO of Southwest Las Vegas is ready 24 hours a day 7 days a week and we will be on site within an hour. Below are some great ideas on what to do and not do when you have water damage.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Do not leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Do not use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use television or other household appliances.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.